Have you heard about Unclaimed scholarships in Canada 2022? Would you like to know how to claim unclaimed scholarships in Canada with straightforward application processes?
If the above question has been on your mind, then follow this article to the end to know the easy eligibility requirements these Canadian scholarships have.
20 Unclaimed Scholarships in Canada
University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada
Once you have gotten admission to the University of Waterloo, you will automatically stand a chance of getting any scholarship offered by the school.
Like every other institution, offering scholarships in Canada with leftover, the University of Waterloo’s unclaimed scholarships are available for national and international students, waiting to be claimed.
The unclaimed scholarships by the University of Waterloo value range from $1,000 – $100,000
The unclaimed scholarships offered by Waterloo University are mostly automatic to any successful applicant while some students have to apply.
Below are the unclaimed scholarships offered by Waterloo University without application
• President’s Scholarship
• President’s Scholarship of Distinction
• Merit Scholarship
• International Student Entrance Scholarships.
Below scholarships are the ones you will need to apply
• Sponsored By Alumni Or Other Donors
• Schulich Leader Scholarship
• Canadian Veterans Education Benefit
• Waterloo Students.
Queen’s University Scholarships
Queen’s University in Canada is one of the most notable universities that has attracted a community of national and international outstanding students from across the globe
The school has varieties of unclaimed scholarships programs available to enable international and U.S. students to study at Queen University
The Queen’s scholarship which ranges from $1,500 – $20,000 is as follows:
• Automatic Admission Scholarships (no application required)
• Principal’s Scholarship
• Excellence Scholarship
• Queen’s University International Admission Scholarship
• Principal’s International Scholarship – India
• Mehran Bibi Sheikh Memorial Entrance Scholarship
• Killam American Scholarship.
The eligibility is that you must be a student of Queen’s University.
You can find more information about scholarships, awards, and other funding opportunities on the School of Graduate Studies website.
Université de Montréal (UdeM) Exemption Scholarship for International Students
There is no University in Canada that has taken a keen interest in harvesting and supporting the best-talented students from around the world than Université de Montréal
Université de Montréal, annually, has lots of unclaimed scholarships available for the best talents from across the world to attend the best francophone research universities in the world.
This scholarship will enable them to study their dream courses and programs by making funds available
• For International students, you must be admitted into Université de Montréal as of Fall 2022
• Students must have a study permit
• Students must not be permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
• Candidates must be enrolled full-time in a study program throughout their studies.
University of Alberta Scholarships in Canada
The University of Alberta provides over $34 million, annually, for the award of scholarships to international students in all fields of studies
Most of the scholarships provided by Alberta are left out to be claimed. These scholarships are strictly for all undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. degree students
The amount value of the scholarship ranges from CAD 7,200-CAD 15,900 for each student.
• Candidates must be proficient in English
• Candidates must study at the University of Alberta
• Canadian Citizens
• Students at the University of Alberta.
University of Toronto Scholarships
If you are a student, interested in studying at the University of Toronto, you can stand a chance of winning a scholarship if you show the following:
1. financial need
2. community engagement
3. leadership, and athletic performance.
The University of Toronto offers various forms of student awards worth more than $106 million annually.
This scholarship is strictly for newly admitted students in the first year of their undergraduate program once they apply to the University of Toronto for admission.
• It’s strictly for new students of the University of Toronto.
• If the candidate is on transferring from another college/university are not eligible for admission awards.
University of Saskatchewan Scholarships
Annually, the University of Saskatchewan through the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS) provides fully funded scholarship programs to every eligible Student who intended to study in the school.
The scholarships, some of which are unclaimed, are specifically designed for Master’s and Ph.D. degrees at an amount of $20,000
The scholarships are for students who want to study in the following departments
• Art & Art History
• Curriculum Studies
• Education – cross-departmental Ph.D. program
• Indigenous Studies
• Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
• Large Animal Clinical Sciences
• Linguistics & Religious Studies
• Small Animal Clinical Sciences
• Veterinary Pathology
• Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies.
• Candidates must be full-time graduate students
• Candidates must be fully-qualified students who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being admitted into a graduate degree program.
• Candidates must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program
• Candidates must possess a minimum of 80% average as continuing students.
Windsor University Scholarships
Windsor University has an unclaimed set of scholarships waiting to be claimed by eligible students with outstanding performance in academic activities
The scholarship is based on students’ credibility, academic performance, country of origin, and many other factors available on the official website when you visit.
The Windsor scholarship is a fully-funded unclaimed program for national and international students, valued at $1,800 – $3,600
The Eligibility for this scholarship is that you must be International Student at Windsor University and have proof of English language proficiency
Ages Foundation Research Fellowship and Bursaries
Suppose you want to embark on a research project to foster the possibility of advancing your immediate environment and the world at large. In that case, you have to apply for the Ages Foundation Research Fellowship and Bursaries scholarship.
The scholarship is unclaimed and offers to graduate students with the intention of working on a research/project which has an environmentally positive impact.
The scholarship offers range depending on the following amount
• One (1) $15,000 award
• One (1) $5,000 award
• One (1) $5,000 BIPOC award
• Up to Five (5) $1,000+ bursaries
The Eligibility of this scholarship is that the candidate must be enrolled as a graduate student in a Canadian or International institution.
Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship
Manulife Life Lessons $10,000 annual scholarship is specifically designed for students who have lost both parents/guardians but with good academic performance and reliability to study.
The scholarship will assist them to carry on their full academic financial responsibility; however, candidates must have been admitted to a college, university, or trade school in Canada
• Candidates must have Permanent residents of Canada
• Candidates must Be between 17 and 24 years of age at the time of application
• Candidates must have lost a parent or legal guardian with little or no life insurance coverage.
York University International Student Scholarship
The York University International Student Scholarship is another form of an unclaimed scholarship made available to international students entering York University.
This scholarship is offered for the undergraduate programs in the following Faculties;
• Environmental and Urban Change
• School of Arts
• Performance and Design
• Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
The York University International Student Scholarship is annually renewable for three years if the student maintains full-time status (minimum of 18 credits each Fall/Winter session) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 7.80.
• Candidates must be outstanding in their academic pursuits
• For only international students planning to study at York University.
• Must have a study and resident permit.
Calgary International Entrance Scholarships
The Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is an unclaimed scholarship program waiting to be claimed by eligible International Students for their Undergraduate program at the University of Calgary.
The scholarship is scheduled for annual renewal from the second, third, and fourth year if the student candidate can maintain a GPA of 2.60 or more for a minimum of 24.00 units.
• International students entering the first year into any undergraduate degree at the University of Calgary.
• Must not be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.
• Candidates must satisfy with the English Language Proficiency test.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships are designed for students who want to study at the University of Toronto with a vision of providing an incredible opportunity for outstanding international students to study
The scholarship is made available to enable students with unique academic accomplishments, creative leadership skills, etc. to advance in their careers for positive contributions to the global community
The Lester B. International Scholarships cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
• The candidates must be international students (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
• currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
• beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023
Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
The Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s (CGS M) program is all concerned with seeing students become successful in their research career programs.
The scholarship provides funding for the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students with a high standard of academic achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies.
The Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s (CGS M) program is valued at $17,500 for 12 months and is non-renewable.
• The candidate must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada).
• The candidate must be enrolled in or have been offered full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at a Canadian institution.
• The candidate must have completed studies as of December 31 of the year of application.
NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships
As a student, if you have completed a milestone in the research program, then the NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships scheme is for you
The NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships are offered to young students who are in a research program.
For you to be eligible, you must:
• be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident in Canada, or a protected person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
• Be in good standing with NSERC
• Enrolled or have applied for a graduate program.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
The Vanier Graduate Scholarships program is one of the many unclaimed scholarship schemes for international students in their graduate programs study.
The scholarship is for the following programs:
• social sciences
• natural sciences
• engineering and
• health-related fields.
The Vanier Graduate Scholarship program is mainly for Ph.D., based on academic excellence, research potential, and leadership qualities.
Funded by the Canadian Government via its various agencies of Canadian institutions of Science, and Engineering, the Vanier CGS program is valued at CAD 50,000 ($39,930) per year for 3 years for only a Ph.D. degree.
• Candidates must be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens who are eligible to be nominated.
• Candidates must be nominated by only one Canadian institution
• Candidates must be pursuing a doctoral degree
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is one of the unclaimed best scholarship programs the Canadian government provides to every eligible international student for their postdoctoral programs.
The benefit of the Banting scholarship is that it provides funds for doctoral students that are interested in Health research, Natural sciences, engineering, Social sciences, and humanities
The Banting Fellowship is valued at CAD 70,000 for 2 years and it’s not renewable.
• Candidates must be Canadian citizens
• Candidates must have a Permanent residence in Canada
• Foreign citizens
TD Scholarships for Community Leadership
Has anybody ever told you in your community or group engagement that you possess exceptional leadership qualities based on work of difference in a community?
Then we recommend you to TD Scholarships for Community Leadership which opens to students with the minds of supporting positive change in their communities.
The TD Scholarships program is for students who are helping to support change, nurture progress and contribute to making the world a better place.
The scholarship is valued at $70,000 and covers the annual tuition fee for four years.
• Students must possess community leadership qualities students
• Students must complete the final year of high school (outside Quebec) or CÉGEP (in Quebec)
• Students must attend an overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year.
Sam Bull Memorial Scholarship
While most University awards scholarships based on some factors deemed considerable to them such as merit and needs-based; on the part of Sam Bull, it is based on dedication and excellence.
The Sam Bull Memorial Scholarship is one of the unclaimed scholarships available in Canada for students with exceptional quality education performance.
The Sam Bull Memorial Scholarship is valued at $1,000. and ready to be claimed by eligible candidates
• It’s available for students in University institutions
• Candidates must present 100 to 200-word statements of personal and academic objectives.
• The objective statement must detail the effects of the study on First Nation community development in Canada.
Senator James Gladstone Memorial Scholarship
Still, on the award of scholarships to students with exceptional academic performance and dedication, The Senator James Gladstone Memorial Scholarship is also on the same page.
The Senator James Gladstone Memorial Scholarship offers unclaimed scholarships ranging from $750.00 to $1,000.00 to students who have performed excellently in their academics.
• Candidates must be a University Students
• Interested candidates must prepare 100 to 200-word statements of personal and academic objectives to the foundation.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
If you have an interest in studying at the University of British Columbia from a secondary school or a post-secondary school institution for an undergraduate program, then you stand a chance in the Karen Mckellin scholarship
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is an unclaimed scholarship, available for students with outstanding academic achievement and exceptional leadership skills.
The scholarship is for international undergraduate students, nominated by the educational institution they were attending.
• Students must not come from the University of British Columbia
• Candidate must be an International Student.
• Must have outstanding academic records.
• Candidates must possess good qualities like leadership skills, and community service, or be recognized in the fields of arts and athletics.
On your hunt for Canadian scholarships for higher quality education, this list of unclaimed scholarships in Canada must be of good help as we spent much time putting them together for your perusal, however, you must do other work by checking the scholarships websites or the Universities websites to make sure you in applying at the right time to the right university. More Canadian scholarships are available here.