Canada Scholarships for Indian Students are scholarship opportunities, ranging from Governmental, private organizations, and Universities in Canada strictly available for Indian students.
For the record, Canada has always been on the front row of providing accessible scholarship grants to enable eligible International Students to have access to study in its reputable Institutions.
This time, such generous opportunities are now extended to the students of India; so if you are interested in studying at any of the best universities in Canada, you can take advantage of this Canada Scholarships for Indian Students.
Canada Scholarships available for international students
Requirements for Scholarship Application in Canada as an Indian
As a student from India, you will be entitled to various types of scholarship opportunities in Canada provided you have the required documents needed by the Canadian government as regards international students coming to Canada.
Below are some of the documents needed to apply for scholarships, in Canada:
• The university’s application form you are applying to
• Letter of acceptance from the university.
• Proof of income if it is an income-based scholarship.
• Essays or other writings as demanded by the university.
• Proof of all extracurricular activities, leadership positions, academic achievements, etc.
• Candidates must be proficient in English
• Candidates must provide any of the official English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.
Canada Scholarships for Indian Students
The Canada-ASEAN scholarship is provided by the Canadian government to students from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) which India happen to be among.
The scholarship is visioned to provide a short-term exchange of opportunities and ideas for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate, and graduate levels.
Based on the agreement that binds the establishment of the association, only Canadian member institutions can submit applications on behalf of applicants.
This program was established on 6th August 2017, when the Government of Canada declared openly the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED).
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is offered annually to international undergraduate Indian students entering their first year in any undergraduate degree program at Calgary University.
The scholarship which is valued at CAD 26,738.30 [$ 26,738.30 ) a year is deemed renewable from the second year to the fourth year if the students maintain a GPA of 2.60 during the period
In another related development, the candidate must have over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and be able to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF)
The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship is another scholarship opportunity for Indian students who want to study in Canada.
Annually, Manitoba University spent over 2 million dollars providing scholarships to fund full-time master’s and Ph.D. programs for students with super academic abilities
This scholarship remains the best for Indian students with its efficiency and transparency in application selection.
Candidates must attend a minimum admission GPA of 3.0 to be considered for this award.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship is a financial merit-based scholarship opportunity for postdoctoral students in India. The scholarship is tenable for 2 years duration in any university or college provided the students get admitted to the school.
Banting fellowships provide necessary resources for qualified doctoral students that are interested in Health research, Natural sciences engineering, Social sciences, and humanities
This is in line with the vision of equipping and preparing young Indian students who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth in their immediate environment.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship is valued at CAD 70,000 for 2 years.
• Candidates must be Canadian citizens
• Candidates must have a Permanent residence in Canada
• Foreign citizens
• Students must be registered for a postgraduate degree in environmental, social science, and health studies
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
If you are interested in natural sciences, engineering research, health research or social science and humanities research at Canadian institutions, then take the Vanier Graduate Scholarship
The Vanier Graduate Scholarship program is available for doctoral students with great academic achievements, research potential, and leadership qualities.
The CGS scholarship is funded by the Canadian Government through the agencies of Cathe Canadian Institute of Health Research, the National Science, Engineering Research Council, and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. This Vanier scholarship is valued at $50,000 for three years duration.
• The candidate must be a Canadian or foreign student studying in Canada.
• The candidate must be a full-time Canadian institution student seeking PPh.D. program
• The applicant must be nominated by the Vainer CGS universities quota.
• The candidate must not receive any scholarship from the three Canadian agencies: CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC
Ontario Graduate Scholarships
Annually, the provincial government of Ontario provides and funds scholarship opportunities for Indian students who want to study at Ontario University, Canada.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarships are designed to support excellent Indian students in pursuit of their graduate studies in master’s and doctoral degrees, hence it is a merit-based scholarship.
In this scholarship, the government pays two-thirds of the total value of the awards while the host university offers the remaining balance.
The scholarships are available to only graduate students for all academic studies and all participating schools in Ontario
• Candidates must be in graduate studies at the master’s or doctoral level
• Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms
Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship at the University of Toronto is among the scholarship an Indian student can apply for.
But the Lester B. Pearson scholarship is only available for students with unique academic performance, creativity, leadership skills, and potential trait for positive contributions to the global community.
The Scholarship is intended to cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
• The candidates must be international students (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
• currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
• beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023
UBC (University of British Colombia)
University of British Columbia (UBC), is one of the most consistent universities in Canada, offering scholarships to Indian students
The students must have unique experiences in extracurricular activities, be interested in creating a global change, and should be able to contribute positively to their communities
• Be a fresh applicant to UBC; that is, joining directly from secondary school.
• The scholarship is only for an international student that will be studying at UBC with a Canadian students study permit
• (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
• Display outstanding academic records and intellectual prowess with a remarkable extracurricular and community involvement interest
Ontario Trillium Scholarship
The Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) program is among the very best scholarship funding program in Canada for Indian students
Provided on the basic ratio of 2:1 funding payment between the two hosts, the Ontario Trillium Scholarship is funded by the government of Ontario & university for every eligible Ph.D. student enrolled at universities in Ontario.
The importance of the scholarship is to make sure outstanding and notable Indian students get the best educational programs in Ontario.
Interested candidates for the Trillium Scholarships should apply through the graduate program chair by Western University. The scholarship is valued at CAD 40,000 ($31,945) for 4 years.
• Students must meet the grade of 80% per term for t last two years.
• Students must demonstrate exceptional research potential
• Students must apply for this scholarship in Canada.
• This should contain
his/her transcript of records, academic intent, letters of reference, and other supplementary documents.
• The Trillium scholarship must not be used alongside other awards and granted by Canadian agencies and/or foundations.
For your information, this list of Canada scholarships for Indian students is not limited to Indians alone, most of these scholarships are internationally available to almost every country and its eligible applicants. Hence if you are reading and you are not an Indian, just check the eligible regions and apply.