The University of Toronto scholarships for international students are the best scholarship options for any student to study in Canada. The University of Toronto is seen as one of the best universities in Canada and the world at large due to its long-term commitment to education owing to extraordinary results witnessed by the students worldwide.
As a result, admission to the University of Toronto as an international student is rather seen as difficult.
To increase your chances of admission to the University of Toronto, we have for you the University of Toronto Scholarships Program for International Students who wish to study at Toronto University
This scholarship program is a sure way of being admitted to Toronto University provided you are actively involved in extra-curricular activities and community services, not just that, they accept a higher number of students annually.
Facts About Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
Since the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship is awarded by the University of Toronto to incoming international students with great academic performance, achievements, and creativity; it’s good to note the following facts:
- Annually, the University of Toronto selects 37 Lester B. Pearson International students whose schools are verified and have applied for undergraduate studies.
- Recipients are usually notified of the award by the end of April, every year via a secured personalized link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is tenable for all the University of Toronto Undergraduate
- The schools only make applications and it’s only one student to be nominated. Your school must be verified by the Enrolment Service, then they are contacted annually with the nomination form. A school can apply to get verified via this.
- Final Selections nomination is made, based on the academic scores, references, and SOP submitted by the applicants.
- Candidates with leadership potential and quality will be given preferential notes.
Lists of Documents Required for the Pearson’s Scholarship
The following documents are what is expected to be presented by intended candidates who wish to gain a Pearson scholarship
- Letters of reference
- Updated Resume
- Statement of intent
- A sample of written work
- GRE scores
- Applicant must be an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian) with a Canadian student visa. Canadian student visa.
- To some extent, candidates must display some level of ingenuity of thoughts and creativity in school and community
- Candidates must have high academic achievements and participation in creative pursuits
- Candidates must show confidence in learning and acquiring new skills
- Candidates must not study post-secondary education in Canada.
- Candidates must not Commence any post-secondary education, in January 2022, at another university in Canada.
List of Toronto University Courses
- Medical Radiation Sciences
- Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Science
- Physician Assistant
- Architecture, Landscape, and Design
- Biomedical Communications
University of Toronto Scholarships For International Students
Annually, the University of Toronto offers over 4,000 entrance scholarships to its
first-entry, undergraduate international students who have met up with requirements.
The scholarships offered by the University of Toronto are known as the university’s Flagship Scholarship Program for international students, named Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program.
The Lester B. scholarships are available to students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, creativity, and vigorous extra curriculum activities around the school.
Additionally, the students must be accepted as leaders within their school and who have the potential to contribute positively to the global community in the future.
As such, the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships covers tuition fees, books, accommodation, incidental fees, and other related financial needs for the four years.
The requirements for winning the Pearson International Scholarships are as follows:
- An international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- Candidates must be chosen by/her school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.
- Candidates must be in their final year or have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2022
- Candidates beginning their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered
How To Apply For the Pearson International Scholarship
The application process for the Pearson International scholarship is simply provided the students meet the eligibility criteria.
Interested candidates must be satisfied and follow the application steps below to apply for the scholarship provided by the University of Toronto:
- Candidates are usually nominated by the person’s school and the application for undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.
- Candidates must consult the school guidance counselor on how to be nominated.
- Since not all the schools are verified by the university of Toronto for the scholarship; so make sure your school applies to participate in the scholarship program.
- After submitting the application for admission at the U of T and receiving a nomination for the scholarship, candidates must complete the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program application.
University of Toronto Scholarship Program
The University of Toronto scholarship program is designed for eligible undergraduate students, admitted to the University of Toronto.
This scholarship, unlike the Pearson International Students scholarship program, it’s awarded to national and international students yearly.
Being valued at 7,500 CAD., the scholarship is educational merits based given to students who have performed greatly in school, and no room for separate applications.
Eligibility Criteria and the Application Process:
- Candidates must consistently maintain outstanding high school records throughout their high school years.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at the University of Toronto.
- Application is through direct entry.
Lists of Documents Required for the
University of Toronto Scholarship Program
- Transcripts from high school.
- Language proficiency test certificate. with minimum score requirement for IELTS is 7.0 and for TOEFL is 93.
- Letters of Reference
- Letter of a statement of purpose
- Candidates must enroll in a full-time undergraduate program starting in the fall.
So, these are two universities of Toronto scholarships for international students that accept a higher number of students and have a higher rate of acceptance which gives you more chance of having your higher education in a Canadian university come through.